Green Peas and Sausages Cake
This is a very quick and tasty salty cake. I’ve had the recipe for a long time in my favorites folder, and recently, I picked it up. The result was so great that I ended up making one variation after another. As always, I’ve taken the original recipe as an inspiration and modified it.
100 gr. butter, melted and then chilled to room temperature
100 ml. milk
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
200 gr. flour
1.5 tsp. baking powder
200 gr. green peas (if you are using frozen ones, no need to unfreeze them before the cooking)
100 gr. cabanos sausages cut into “narrow” rings
100 gr. grated hard cheese
1. In a bowl, mix the milk, eggs and butter using a whisk into a uniform liquid.
2. In a separate bowl, sift in the flour with sugar, salt and baking powder.
3. Add the grated cheese, green peas and the sausages to the flour/sugar/salt/baking powder mixture and mix with a spoon.
4. Pour in the liquid mixed at #1 and mix further into a uniform mass.
5. Take the English Cake baking ban, cover it with baking paper, pour in the dough (mixture). After pouring the mixture into the pan, smooth the upper surface with a spoon.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190C for approximately 40 minutes. Check for readiness using a toothpick (should come out dry).
Chill and Serve….