Curry and Corn Pancakes
This recipe qualifies as gluten-free, its very easy to make and serve as a perfect snack.
For 8 pancakes:
400 grams corn seeds (fresh, defrosted or canned)
3 tbsp. rice flour (can be substituted by a “regular” flour)
1 tbsp. yellow curry paste
1 egg *
1 medium sized red onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp Fish Souce (Nam Pla) or Soy Sauce
1/2 glass of finely-chopped cilantro (coriander) leaves
Corn Flour (optional)
1. Take two thirds (approximately) of cord seeds and chop them (using blender) into a uniform mass.
2. Add all other ingredients, mix thoroughly and chill in a refrigerator for approximately 30 minutes.
3. Pre-heat a pan with frying oil.
4. Start forming pancakes with your hands, dipping them in corn flour (optionally).
5. Fry each pancake 2 minutes on each side.
* Tip: an egg I used one time was too large for the other ingredients and the mass turned out too liquid. Instead of forming the pancakes by hand, I just formed them on the pan with a spoon.
Serving suggestion: with a yogurt or sweet-n-sour sauce.